Maybe I should call this biweekly wishes. Ugh. I blog for a week and then I take a break. Blog for a week. Take a break. Eventually I’ll blog every week, right? Wishful thinking? Who knows!
Last Week’s Wishes (Errr…two week’s ago wishes…)
- Create an allowance chart for the boys. They’ve been begging for an allowance and I think it’s time. We figured we would make a chart and they could each earn a maximum of $2.50 each week for doing their regular chores. Of course, I reminded both of them that if we start this, it means the end to small treats here and there at the store. They will have to buy their own little treats from now on.DONE! I need to do a blog post on this. We’ve been using it for two weeks and it’s great!
- Make a Frozen ringtone for my phone. I use this tutorial that I found on Pinterest to make a ringtone from my favorite song snippet. I am obsessed with Let It Go…just like every other mom on the planet. :)When my phone rings, every child within a 20 foot radius swivels their heads wildly, looking for Elsa. I secretly LOVE this.
- Spending freeze! It’s Spring Break so this will be TOUGH. I am not allowing myself to buy anything other than food or other household necessities.Umm…I’m going to call this a 50% victory. We didn’t eat out during the week for the two weeks, and I didn’t buy any running clothes. But we did make one major purchase. I’ll get to that in another blog post.
- Read two books. I’m so far behind on my 75 books for the year challenge.I read Bite-Sized Magic by Kathryn Littlewood. It’s the third in a J fiction series about a family that runs a magic bakery. So fun. I also read I Even Funnier by James Patterson. I really enjoy James Patterson’s young adult books, even though I’m curious exactly how involved he actually is in writing these books. This week I’ve already read Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith. The synopsis turned me off immediately, but then the book started popping up on top read lists. It surprised me and I found that I really enjoyed it. Definitely a fresh twist on dystopian teen fiction. I’m currently reading Philippa Gregory’s Changeling, which is first in her young adult series, Order of Darkness. I enjoy her adult fiction, so it’s no surprised I’m liking this one so far.
- Call and schedule a haircut for myself. Oh man…the mop is getting a bit unruly!NOPE! This needs to happen soon! My hair can reach my mouth, which is not good with this KS wind we’ve been having. I was enjoying not having hair stick to my lipgloss!
- Take the boys and their bikes to the park. I have been promising them this FOREVER. It’s time mama made good on her promise.I took the boys to the park, but not the bikes. Partial win.
- Heal my shin splints. My 10 mile run caused a bit of damage. My left shin is tender and sore. Walking and elliptical until Thursday when I’ll do a slow test run. Fingers crossed I can still get my big 12 mile run this coming Friday.I had a good week of running two weeks ago, but last week was a challenge and this week doesn’t seem to be starting off much better. My form is off. And I seem to be fighting off some sort of pancreatitis or minor gall bladder attack.
This Week’s Wishes
- Call and schedule doctor appointments for the boys. Every year I drag my feet more and more. I don’t even think they need shots this year.
- Ride my bike. We replaced our bike rack that someone stole half of off my car last fall. I need to pick one of the days that Blue has school and bring my bike in even for just a little 10mi ride. If not this week, then definitely next week. Cross training does the body good!